UA-36183330-1

Natasha's Basil Bread Recipe



 I'm not very good at following recipes-I'll let you be the judge as to whether or not that's a good thing.
I've mixed several recipes together and I liked the result. And no, this isn't going to turn into a recipe blog! I just couldn't resist showing you my bread that I baked tonight...yummy! And perhaps some of you can put the recipe to good use..??

2 Tablespoons of active dry yeast
4 Teaspoons of sugar
2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
5 Cups of flour
2 Tablespoons of dried Basil
2 Teaspoons of fine salt
 





















  1. Stir yeast, sugar, and 1/2 cup warm water (warm enough to activate the yeast, but not hot enough to kill it) in a large bowl (or in your bread dough mixer bowl). Let sit until foamy-about 5 minutes.
  2. Add 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, flour, basil, salt and 1 1/2 cups water and stir with wooden spoon (or with dough hook using bread mixer) until dough forms.
  3. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes) or if your using a bread mixer, knead with bread hook for about 8 minutes) add flour as needed (if the dough is sticky, add flour. Just be careful not to add too much flour. If you do you can always add water.)
  4. Lightly coat large bowl with olive oil, place your bread dough in bowl and and cover with plasti wrap. Let stand at room tempature for about 2 hours.
  5. Now get your pan out ( I used a baking sheet covered with parchment paper) and form the loaves, rolls or whatever you'd like.
  6. Let dough rise about 2 hours (less if you don't have time)
  7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake bread for 10 minutes, then pull out and brush with butter (I used a stick of butter with one of the ends unwrapped and smoothed it over the top) then sprinkle garlic salt and basil (or other seasoning) on top.
  8. Place back in oven for another 10 minutes.
  9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days