UA-36183330-1

What I Wear- Vintage Floral Skirt And Eggshells

Eggshells, beating around the bush, putting it delicately -how many ways can you say keeping your mouth shut?! People that have known me for awhile will know I'm...bold. Blunt. I don't like to dance around subjects, if someone's doing something that I know is wrong, I'm not just going to keep my mouth shut and let them keep doing it. Yes, certain situations call for closing your mouth. But why do we feel we can't tell people what's on our minds? I think most of the time, we don't want to come off as being "judgmental". It's true isn't it? We want to be the "open minded" Christians. But does open minded mean we've abandoned everything we believe-everything the Bible says-just so we don't appear judgmental?!

A lot of the time, we put up a front. Like we have it all together, like we never make mistakes. Why can't we just be honest with one another and say "Hey. I'm really struggling. I don't have everything together!" Being a blunt person doesn't always make you popular, in fact it can make you very unpopular! But the truth is always best.



I want to make it clear, I'm not talking about saying whatever your thinking. Saying things in love is the key! Words can be helpful, or hurtful, you choose. Instead of saying "Wow, little sister! That's the ugliest outfit I've ever seen!" you could offer to help her pick out an outfit, and say something like "I really like that shirt, but I think it might look better with another skirt. Like this one would look really cute!" See what I mean? If you feel the need to say something, don't just close your mouth! Figure out a nice way to say it, and proceed with caution! 
The Conclusion to this sermon? Don't walk on eggshells, and be careful of how, and what your saying to someone.
I'm wearing a light Pink Thrifted shirt-$3 A Vintage style Floral skirt from Vanity-$15 White Scarf from Vanity-$? And Flip flops.

QUESTION: WOULD YOU PARTICIPATE IN A MONTHLY LINK UP PARTY?
You may not know that I: Play the piano! I'm currently learning Fur Elise!
Name 1 thing I may not know about you!


11 comments:

  1. My real name is Elise and so we call Fur Elise "my song". I learned it a few years ago and can play it with my eyes closed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is awesome! I love it! I don't know what link up party is but sign me up! Did you know that I like school supplies? I'm so addicted to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outfit! The skirt is so pretty! And good sermon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long time no see Natasha, where have you been, missing reading your post, girl!
    First, I definitely join your link up party if you have one.
    Two, you might not know that LeeAnne is part of my Chinese name Chen Xue Lian(LeeAnne) which means Snow Lotus. ^__^
    There, I answered your questions!

    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty skirt. You may not know that I take ballet for exercise, never took it as a child. It's fun, but hard work too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Valary-Mac (my pen-name for Internet use), and most people don't know that I'll be learning Greek this next school year.
    I love wearing skirts, and I love climbing trees... but not both together :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit! I love your necklace!

    Hmm... one thing you may not know about me... Oh! I know! I used to be obsessed with Celtic music. <3

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man I love that scarf and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute skirt, I love the vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, something you don't know about me would be that I just started a blog called "Calico Clodhoppers" with my sister Cassie! Come check it out at calicoclodhoppers.blogspot.com THANKS! ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days