UA-36183330-1

What I Wear-Jesus+??=unhappy



I'm Wearing-Lace vest-Maurices $5, Orange shirt-thrifted $3.99, Skirt-Herbergers $6.99 
A couple weeks ago I was listening to  Air1, the DJ was talking about something that struck me. He said "If you think that Jesus + something else is going to make you happy, you better think again!" (not exact wording...I'm giving you my interpretation!) It's so true! I've been guilty of this from time to time. If I had Jesus and a friend who was perfect-then I'd be happy. If I had Jesus and super cute clothes-then I'd be happy. If I had Jesus and the perfect body-then I'd be happy. These are all thoughts I'm sure many of you have thought. The thing is, Jesus stands alone! He won't share the spotlight, and he won't let you put Him on the back burner. I'm grateful that He's patient with me! Boy, do I need it! I'll catch myself thinking about something that will "make me happy" when in actuality, the thing that brings true happiness is free for the taking! A relationship with Jesus Christ. Call me preachy, Jesus Freak, weirdo, I don't care! I'm all of those things and proud of it! Nothing will satisfy your deep longing except HIM. That guy won't fill the hole in your heart-HE will. She won't be your best friend-HE will. Do yourself a favor and sit down! Surrender yourself to HIM. I'm talking to people who already have a relationship with Christ as much as I am the ones who don't! Sometimes we've been walking with God too long, we need to shut our mouths and be silent-let HIM do the talking for a change. We also need to remember that He's there-but we don't always see HIM. 
Okay! I'm done with my "sermon"-thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Good reminder about Jesus being everything we need/want! Amen! (No need to apologize for speaking truth or "preaching"! Not that you WERE apologizing, really...)
    I like your outfit, esp. the brown skirt. I personally wouldn't go with such big hoops, but that is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt! That hi-low trend is really fun.(:

    And I totally agree with your "sermon"--though, of course, my sinful flesh wriggles and squirms when it hears such things! All we need to be truly happy is Christ, and as St. Paul (i think it was Paul! My memory isn't exactly the most reliable thing...) said, "Having food and raiment, let us be therewith content." The continuation of that verse is also applicable: "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction."

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what I needed to read today! I so often find myself thinking 'If only I had this that and the other I'd be happy'. Thanks for the wake-up call!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days