UA-36183330-1

What I Wear-Recycled Skirt And Contentment

"Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him."
Genesis 2:18









Have you ever wondered about the 'what ifs'? To be more specific "What if I don't marry?" I think we girls-and women in general- tend become obesessed with the mere idea of marriage. He's the one, no not him, him! What if we don't get married? Will we be content with that? Or will we spend the last moments of our lives wondering why "he" didn't cross our paths?  
Have you ever though about how many of the great women in history didn't get married? Are you one of those women that God has called to be single? I looked up the definition of single on Google the results were: adjective: sole, unmarried, only, lone, individual, solitary, singular, alone, one verb: select, choose, cull, pick out, separate. I really don't think that any of the adjectives other than 'unmarried' define a single Christian woman! We aren't alone ladies! If God is in your heart, and directs your steps, your not alone!
You may be wondering where I'm leading you in this 'lecture'. I'll tell you: BE CONTENT! Be content wherever God has placed you! Be content with your life right now, not content with your life someday. If we can't become content with your lives now as a singles, how will we be content someday if we do marry? Chances are if your not happy now, you won't be happy if you get married. Marriage is a great thing, and I do hope to get married someday, but that can't be our sole goal or contentment. God is the only one we can find contentment in! Marriage mirrors our relationship with God, not the other way around!
I want to encourage you to above all love God, but also find contentment where you are. Be productive with your time! You have way more time now than you will when/if you marry! Find hobbies and things you enjoy doing. You can still prepare for marriage too, cooking, cleaning, maybe even helping with Sunday School or babysitting!
Remember, waiting for your future husband doesn't mean you can sit in a rocker and wait for him, DO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE WITH YOUR TIME! Even the littlest things can make a huge difference in eternity.  
I'm wearing: Eternity Scarf (Borrowed from mom) Pink Coral Cardigan Vanity ($3) Plain White Shirt Ross ($5) Recycled Blue Jean Skirt/shirt(Made by me!) Mary Janes 6pm($30)

I've decided that I want to become perfectly happy and content in Christ, whether or not I get married. How about you?

10 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!

    I needed this post so much right now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. I have been figuring that out. I would really like to get married and have a family, but that might not happen, so I have working on my self and finding out what I can do with my life as a single women. Your post just help to put into words what I could not express my self! Thank you! :)
    Blessings
    ~Elizabeth

    PS. I love your skirt. I saw that idea for it, and have been dieing to try it some day! :) It looks like a lot of fun to make and is really easy.
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt! I tried making a pair of jeans into a skirt, but it didn't work out well for me. It was my first try and I didn't take my time. Seeing yours, though, makes me want to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very encouraging! Thank you for posting. Love your hair by the way! Real cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit!(: I love the skirt!

    & thanks for the words on contentment.(: I often forget that God knows what's best, and it is in His hands whether or not I fall in love or get married. So when I worry about it, I just need to remember to be content with all that God has blessed me with in life, which is immense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree... we are certainly never alone :) It is good to stay busy and focus on other things while we are single that we might not have time to learn/do later on in life if we do end up married! That is what my mom always said to me at least. :) Enjoy the single days cause things change when you start sharing your life with someone else. :)

    I love your skirt! It is really cute... I love the print in the middle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't believe that God would call anyone to be single permanently. It would go against our agency. I am not sure if that's what you meant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! That needs to be said a lot more often.

    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous scarf - so cute with that cardi!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days