UA-36183330-1

What I Wear-Abide In Him




I'm Wearing: Hat-Forever 21 ($5), Shirt-Thrifted ($3.99) Pants-Thrifted ($5.99) 
Lately I've been contemplating a phrase-"Abiding in Christ". My dad was at a men's retreat a few weeks ago over the weekend, so a lady from church taught for the ladies that Sunday. The main theme was abiding in Christ. Since then it's been a running theme lately! The Bible study Wednesday night, several devotional books I've been reading. Could God be trying to tell me something? Hmmm...nawwww...just a coincidence! *WINK* Anyway, the book (besides the Bible) that got me thinking about it was by Eric and Leslie Ludy-"When God Writes Your Life Story". They used the example of a young man who gave God the choice of going to this college or that college. And a young women who liked a Christian guy, but he was interested in her friend. She was praying that God would change the situation. 
Is that me? Am I giving God a "choice" between two things? Am I restricting Him to only certain things He can do with me life?  Am I truly asking for His wisdom, or am I asking for His stamp of approval on what I want? Do I only want His will in my life if it's "comfortable"? 
It's a constant surrendering daily of my hopes, dreams and plans. I can never stop seeking Him. If I stop seeking God, I slide back. I have a really hard time not trying to plan out my future. I'd like to know right now what I'm doing after I graduate. I've asked God time and again what I'm supposed to be doing. The message I keep receiving, is to rest in Him. Abide in Him. Don't worry about the future, He's got it. I just need to abide in Him, and surrender to His will. It may be that He has something completely different in mind for me, something better than I could ever imagine. Abide in Christ.  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs" 3:5-6

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how much have I been focusing on those Proverbs verses lately?! Thinking much the same as you. I've been trying to just surrender it all to Him. Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When God Writes Your Life Story by Eric & Leslie Ludy was a life changing book for me! I feel you! It's hard to rest fully assured that He is under control and it's hard to surrender it ALL to Him. But every time I try to hoard things for myself, God never seizes to let me know that my life is better off in HIS hands, not mine. I agree, it's a daily decision to seek and surrender it all to Jesus.

    Blessings!

    Rubi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow
    that is so inspiring.
    thank you.
    love Sararose

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you for the encouragement/inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days