UA-36183330-1

What I Wear-Fur Vest And "Joy, Or Happiness?"




You know with so much focus on "God's will" I think sometimes we forget a small detail-happiness is a feeling and joy is a choice. We think because we pray for God's will and try to follow it, we're going to be perfectly "happy". Unfortunately, this isn't true, at all. Sometimes doing what God asks of us can be downright hard! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying following God's will in your life will make you miserable-but there is a difference between being joyful and being happy. 

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will      have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (emphasis mine)

Oddly enough, I find that verse sort of comforting. I think I'd feel pretty weird if I was the only one to have struggles/tribulations/troubles-wouldn't you? This verse is basically letting us know that, yes, life is going to be hard at times, but we have a Hero to turn to who's already won the battle! This is a good one as well:

"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you." 1 Peter 4:12 

In order to be joyful in any circumstance we have to continually turn to God to fill us up with joy, because joy of your own making runs out fast! In order to be content with God's will, we first have to accept it. And then...who knows? Maybe if you give God a chance, that thing He asked you to do for Him might not seem so foreign...perhaps it might even bring you joy. Because it will, if you're truly in God's will, you're right where He wants you and He'll never leave you to go it alone. So I challenge you today, rest on His wings and accept the joy He freely offers. He's ready and waiting to let you climb into His lap and leave your heavy burden at His feet. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors. You paired them well! xx | Natalia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha!
    I just wanted to tell you that you are soooooooooooo gorgeous, especially when you smile! ( and I'm saying that in a totally non-weird sister in Christ way) :)
    You are such an inspiration to me: Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tones look really good with your hair and skin coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days