Today is a good day to talk about...vanity. No, not the store! ; ) So I'm sure none of you noticed the huge pimple on my cheek...right? It's invisible to the naked eye....LOL! I threatened to photoshop it out, however my mom challenged me to go ahead and post it. Which I then decided to go a bit more in depth with. The vain side of me says "I don't want everyone on my blog seeing a huge zit on my cheek!" the part that wants to be real and honest says "Stop being a baby and just post the stinkin' pictures!" so here I am, a bit humbled and pimple faced.
I used to have super bad acne, as I've gotten older it has cleared up pretty well, with only a few occasional hormonal breakouts. I suppose I'm sharing this to let all of you know that if you're struggling with acne-it's okay! Most of us get it at some point in our lives, and the majority (not all) usually clear up with age. I'm blessed with the kind that clears up, obviously I'm not an expert on this, however I thought I'd share a few things that have helped me out:
- Keep your hands off your face! Picking at pimples and touching them only make them last longer.
- Keep your face clean. Using abrasive, chemical laden face wash is not the answer! Depending on your skin type, natural products include everything from Honey (which I'm currently using), EVOO, Baking soda paste (diluted, not straight) I also like Kiss My Face products.
- The better you eat, the nicer your skin will look!
- Drink plenty of water, it keeps your skin looking good and also helps to flush out nasty internal things you wouldn't be able to get to otherwise.
- If you can't seem to get rid of a pimple, figure out what may be causing it. I've had a couple times when I realized I wasn't washing my hair enough and also not changing my pillowcase-the pimple was on the exact side I sleep on!
- Tea tree oil applied (after dilution) to a pimple helps causes the pimple to puss and heal faster.
- It won't last forever! Hang in there!
Now I want to know your tips!
I've also been wondering if anyone else has ever had problems with getting their hair clean? I use all natural Sulfate free shampoo, but lately I can't seem to get my hair clean, it just comes out oily every time I shower! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!